When you want to use the best hooded hair dryer that you have the convenience of drying your hair and can use like in salons. you should know there are various of these type dryers on the market. such as soft bonnet and hard hat dryers, wall mounting and floor standing dryers etc.
You should know not all hooded dryers are suit your hair type, below are several factors will help you choose the right one.
- Size: This is one of the important factors before you pick the right hooded hair dryer. a professional hooded dryer needs to be used for all types of hair, So it should have the size to suit all of them.
- Heat: This feature is determined by the power. the more power, the faster the drying process. It is better to choose a hooded hair dryer that features adjustable heat settings. which means you can choose the different heat level according to your hair texture.
Flexibility: This is another important feature for the professional hooded hair dryer. Some dryers can adjust the height, which is good for different height of people in the salon. If you need a portable dryer, then you need to pick soft bonnet dryer. Which you can carry it to another place conveniently.
|Ordinary hair dryer||Hooded hair dryer|
|Work principle||Blowing hot air to work||Circulating warm air to work|
|Effort or not||Need more effort to hold it to dry||Better drying result with less effort|
|Need hand or not||Need hand hold to dry hair||Hand free|
|Good for hair or not||May damage hair since overheat||Healthy drying and good for hair|
|Price||Usually cheaper than hooded dryer||Somewhat expensive|
Why is hooded hair dryer important for your hair?
- It dries your hair faster without direct heat, so protect hair from heat damage.
- Under the appropriate warm condition, your damaged hair can be repaired by absorbing nutrients.
- You don’t need to hand-hold it. Instead, you can chat with other people, read book even
have a cup of coffee.
How to choose the best hooded hair dryer for natural or curly hair?
Before you buy a hooded hair dryer, you need to consider some features according to your hair texture
. Below are 3 criteria to follow.
1. Must have the Ionic technology feature
When you picking the hooded hair dryer, the Ionic technology feature should be considered. which can break water molecules into smaller ones and make drying process faster; Seal off the cuticles and protect your hair from heat damage.
If your hair dryer features tourmaline, that is better. the infrared heat can dry your hair inside out and faster the drying process.
2. Choose the right power
When you pick the hooded hair dryer, it is not mean the more wattage the better. it should suit your styling needs and hair texture. Usually, if you choose soft bonnet dryer, the wattage is better from 500w to 900w, and for hard hooded dryer, the wattage is great from 1100w to 1900w.
3. adjustable the heat settings
Different hair texture and styling need different settings. So the adjustable setting is must have for a hooded hair dryer. If your hair is thick and long, you should set the heat level from medium to high. And if your hair is thin and fine, you should switch to low heat for avoiding the heat damage.
Best hooded hair dryer for curly or natural hair
According to the selection criteria above, we pick 3 best hooded hair dryers. Hope it can help you.
Hot Tools Professional Tourmaline Ionic 1875 Watt Portable Salon Dryer
If you want to buy a hooded hair dryer, the Hot Tools Professional Tourmaline Ionic 1875 Watt will be a good choice. The 1875w power makes the drying process fast and the ionic nano-technology works like as a spa treatment for your hair.
- 1875w power makes your drying process faster up to 50%.
- It features Pre-Moisture System, which means the ionic nano and tourmaline technology enables this blow dryer to work as a spa treatment for hair.
- 4 heat and 2 speed settings for different hair type and styling needs.
- The front visor and bonnet are adjustable so you can suit to different hair texture easily.
- The ionic technology break water molecules into smaller droplet make your hair silky and shiny.
- The cool shot button can help you lower temperature drying.
- The basic design color is pink, and pretty together with other colors.
- This hooded hair dryer is very quiet
- Adjustable bonnet and front visor
- Save your time up to 50%
- Easy store by removable legs
- Two lockable wheels for stability
- The cord is long up to 9 feet
- Some user report it somewhat hot
- Can not setting timer
Pibbs 514 Kwik Dri 1100W Salon Hair Dryer
This is one of the best hooded hair dryers on the market. Made in Italy. The 1100w powerful motor makes your drying process fast. With 4.6 out of 5-star rating and rave reviews, your pay is definitely worth it.
- 1100w Salon grade Hair Dryer with Casters.
- High-Quality Italian made Dryer with 1 Year Warranty.
- Can adjust the height of dryer head and stand.
- Stable Base with 5 Caster Wheels.
- Temperature Control Dial and timer.
- Thermostat and control warning light.
- 110-125V 60hz and Completely CE certified.
- 1100 watts power for fast drying
- The stand can adjust and the top visor flip
- Be relax because of the time setting
- Two lockable wheels for stability
- The caster base making it easy to move around
- Expensive for some users, but definitely worth the money
- hair net should be used since the upward air flow.
Hot Tools Professional 800 Watt Soft Bonnet Hair Dryer
On the soft bonnet hair dryers market, the Hot Tools Professional 800 Watt Ionic dryer is a
good pick. This can dryer emits ion-infused airflow to dry hair fast and achieve your hair shiny and silky.
- 800 wattage power for this soft bonnet hair dryer.
- Emits ion-infused air stream to retain moisture and prevent your hair breakage.
- Multiple speed and heat settings for different styling needs
- Adjustable bonnet to fit your head perfectly.
- Compact convenient for store and easy-to-carry.
- The price affordable for most of the users.
- Great for the ethnic consumers.
- This soft bonnet hair dryer is fast drying and saves your time.
- Adjustable bonnet size to suit different head.
- Great for conditional and chemical treatments.
- Easy to carry and convenient for storage.
- Simple design for only white and black colors.
- The hose pipe is somewhat short.
- Should buy an adapter when traveling across the world because of the voltage of 110-125.
If you are looking for the best hooded hair dryer, you should know the type of your hair and what features you want. Hope this post can help you to pick the right one.